Xero Quarterly Product Update – May 2022
As a 100% Certified Xero firm, we both attend the Xero quarterly product updates, to keep up to date with the system changes and updates.
In this post we’ll outline the key changes from the recent update you should know about if you’re a Xero user, together with links to the relevant Xero Central information pages, if you’d like to find out more.
The May 2022 update included the following:
A refreshed page design
A range of screens throughout Xero have been refreshed to improve accessibility as well as the future release of new features.
The pages you’ll see changes on are:
- Payment services settings and setup
- Products and services – import items
- History and notes
Xero have been making a lot of upgrades to this area of the system in recent months. This time around they’ve updated the following:
- Report Centre – Enhanced search to quickly find reports by title or keyword.
- Toggle to show or hide report descriptions.
- Collapsible sections to help you focus on important information.
- New ‘Favourites’ panel at the top for faster access to your most important reports.
- An overflow menu (3 dots) to access common formats, custom reports and older versions of each report.
- Updated Aged Receivables and Aged Payables reports, including format options and totals by default.
- Management Report Pack – six reports that can be reordered, added or removed, including and Executive Summary, Cash Summary, Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet, Aged Receivables Summary and Aged Payables Summary.
If you haven’t used the Report function before but would like to do so, please get in touch. They can be really helpful for business owners to become more aware of the way their business is working, and to show you trends within the business.
The only proviso to getting the most from Reports is for your records to be kept (pretty much) up to date. Again, if you’d like any to work out which areas are most important, or how up to date they need to be, please shout!
Xero Projects Updates
- The Project Summary Report has been updated, summarising the position of your reports at a given time.
- A new desktop timer is now available. This was previously available in the mobile app and proved popular!
Xero App Launcher
A new button has been added in the navigation bar within the Xero App Launcher that enables users to find and switch between connected apps without leaving Xero.
A resource for businesses who want to operate more sustainably but aren’t sure where to start.
As ever, we’re very happy to help if you have any questions or issues about Xero, so please get in touch if you need to, but do bear in mind they have a help team trained and ready to support you, so may be better equipped to do so than us! This is the primary Xero Support link to start with!
We send regular updates that keep clients aware of changes and suggestions on a wide range of subjects; if you’d like to receive those too, just add your details below and we’ll do the rest! We promise not to bombard you and you can unsubscribe at any time.