Step 3 today!
Monday 17th May has been circled on many people’s calendars since the announcement of the Government’s Roadmap to Normality earlier in the year. There are a large number of changes in Coronavirus restrictions that take effect today.
- Indoor hospitality can reopen, without the need for food to be purchased or a curfew. This must be by table service.
- Indoor entertainment and attractions can reopen (including museums, cinemas and children’s play areas).
- Groups of up to 30 people can meet outdoors, with the Rule of 6 or two households applying indoors.
- Domestic overnight stays are allowed.
- Organised indoor adult sport and exercise classes allowed.
- Most significant life events allowed up to 30 people. Funeral numbers are unlimited, subject the COVID-safe decisions by each venue.
- Remaining outdoor performances can restart, including performances.
- Remaining accommodation, such as hotels and Bed & Breakfasts can reopen.
- Larger events can restart. Capacity limits will apply: Indoor events 1,000 people or 50% capacity, outdoor other events 4,000 people or 50% capacity, outdoor seated events 10,000 people or 25% capacity (where capacity is shown, it is the lower limit that will apply) Larger events will be subject to the Events Research Programme findings around how such events can take place without the need for social distancing, using other mitigating such as testing.
Gov.uk has been updated to reflect the changes, and a poster created for easy reference, which you can find here.
Lots of businesses across England will be positively affected by the future lifting of restrictions. If your business is one of them, we’d like to wish you a very busy week!