Looming Deadlines – Furlough Scheme
Another month, another set of deadlines! The following are the key dates and points to consider this month for the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (Furlough Scheme):
- Any claims for December must be submitted by Thursday 14th January 2021. You cannot claim after this date.
- Check how much you can claim by visiting this page on Gov.uk.
- Make sure you keep details of the amounts you have claimed and the justification behind them so that you can produce them should HMRC ask questions later. As previously mentioned, there have been lots of reports of fraud, and given the amount that the scheme has cost, it is extremely likely that there will be enquiries in the future!
- Your records should be kept for six full tax years and should include:
- the amount claimed and claim period for each employee
- the claim reference number for your records
- your calculations in case HMRC need more information about your claim
- for employees you flexibly furloughed, usual hours worked including any calculations that were required
- for employees you flexibly furloughed, actual hours worked
- If you need to amend a previously submitted claim for December, you have until Thursday 28th December to do so.
We send regular updates that keep clients aware of changes and suggestions on a wide range of subjects; if you’d like to receive those too, just add your details below and we’ll do the rest! We promise not to bombard you and you can unsubscribe at any time.