Brexit Support Grants now available!
The Brexit Support Grants were announced back in February by Michael Gove. They will allow small businesses to draw from a £20million SME Brexit Support Fund to help them cope with changes to trade rules with the EU.
Traders will be able to apply for a grant of up to £2,000 to pay for support for importing and exporting. This will include new customs, rules of origin and VAT rules when trading with the EU. The fund will also help businesses prepare for new import controls in April and July.
Businesses who trade only with the EU who are therefore new to importing and exporting will be able to apply for grants of up to £2,000, to pay for practical support including training and professional advice to ensure their trade can continue.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Businesses must be:
- established in the UK
- have been established in the UK for at least 12 months before submitting the application, or currently hold Authorised Economic Operator status
- not have previously failed to meet its tax or customs obligations
- have no more than 500 employees
- have no more than £100 million turnover
- import or export goods between Great Britain and the EU, or moves goods between Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Your business must also either:
- complete (or intend to complete) import or export declarations internally for its own goods
- use someone else to complete import or export declarations but requires additional capability internally to effectively import or export (such as advice on rules of origin or advice on dealing with a supply chain)
How to apply
Applications must be made online, and are to be administered by PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC).
Applications will close on the 30th June 2021 or earlier if all funding is allocated before this date.
This opportunity has now expired. If you are looking for sources of funding, please contact us for advice.
We send regular updates that keep clients aware of changes and suggestions on a wide range of subjects; if you’d like to receive those too, just add your details below and we’ll do the rest! We promise not to bombard you and you can unsubscribe at any time.