When you’re selling your business it’s an exciting time, but it can also be a daunting time!
- You want to get the right outcome.
- You want to get the best price.
- You want to protect any staff that are staying in the business.
- You need to consider the tax implications, now and in the future.
These and a raft of other considerations can combine to make the whole process extremely stressful, but there is another way!
We can help!
- We’re on your side. We have many years’ experience of the sales process but also the buying process. That means that we can explain the process and different requirements and know what is likely to crop up. We’ve also been through the process from both sides personally, so can empathise with the stresses and eagerness you’ll experience.
- We’ll ensure the deal is structured tax efficiently. If you sell your shares in a business, the tax implications are very different to those if you sell the business assets. Your potential liabilities can also be very different!
- We’ll make sure your interests are protected. The tax deeds and warranties that a purchaser can request can be very involved, and commercial solicitors are not usually totally aware of the impact each request may have. We’ll work with your solicitor to ensure that your team protect you, both now and for the future.
- We’ll make sure you get a fair price. You’ve put many years of hard work in to the business, so it’s only right that you get a fair return for that effort. Equally we’ll ensure that you are fully aware of the implications of different options in enough time to renegotiate to take account of them.
If you have even the first idea that you’re going to be selling your business, now’s the time to get in touch! It’s essential that the business is structured and accounts prepared in the right way to maximise any sale value, so early planning is vital.